Traffic is the lifeblood of any online marketing business because it’s impossible to convert sales if nobody sees your offers.
There are lots of different theories circulating about the best way to get enough traffic to make a decent income on the internet but the fact of the matter is that there is only 1 way to get people to visit your website.
In order to get website visitors you absolutely must SPEND.
You have to spend 1 of 2 valuable things – MONEY or TIME.
You can either spend money on traffic in the hope of getting a positive return on investment, or you can spend time on traffic generation strategies such as:
- publishing search engine optimized website content
- creating engaging social media posts
- clicking for credits at traffic exchanges and safelists
- posting on classified ad sites
Unfortunately there is no ‘free’ way. Traffic generation costs you whichever way you look at it.
The key to success with paid traffic is the ability to make more in sales than you spend on ads. This is pretty difficult because you need:
- a high converting lead capture page, sales funnel and follow up sequence
- the ability to recognise the advertising opportunities which have the most potential for your funnels
- the ability to create ads which get the attention and interest of your target audience
- the ability to track clicks and conversions so you can see which traffic sources convert best
- an advertising budget which is large enough to determine average earnings per click for a given funnel and traffic source so that you can determine whether an ad campaign is likely to yield a positive ROI when you scale up the budget
- the confidence to invest large amounts on advertising when a profitable campaign is identified
That’s a lot of things you need to get right to make money from paid advertising sources and I must admit this has been my business model for pretty much all of my marketing career. Click here to see some of my preferred paid advertising sources.
When I was first starting out I did try SEO and other free traffic strategies but I’ve never had much success with them to be honest. I do use social media a bit but nearly all of my sales come from email marketing and my email leads are nearly all generated by paid advertising campaigns.
However, I bought a product a few days ago – more out of curiousity than anything and it turned out to be a really good decision.
The product I bought is called Traffic Rebirth and I am really impressed – it’s actually a free traffic option that’s genuinely viable for anyone who can follow simple instructions.
In order to use it, you will need your own website and domain name.
The only other requirement for being successful with this product is that you are able to follow and apply very simple, well explained instructions.
It won’t work instantly or anything like that but I haven’t been this impressed by a free traffic product for a long time.
If you’re not yet ready to invest enough money to scale up paid advertising campaigns then Traffic Rebirth is your best bet.
There are upsells but personally I only bought the front end product.
When you log into the members’ area the whole step by step system is presented in a way which anyone who can read plain English will be able to follow.
You won’t be able to get results with it without a bit of work though. That’s just how it is – you either have to invest your money or your time to get people to visit your websites – there is no magic button (whatever anyone else tells you).
An alternative product I am confident in recommending for marketers who want to learn how to generate traffic without paying for it is Simple Traffic Solutions. Again, this is easy to follow and a really high quality training product.
Anyway, I hope this post provides some clarification on the traffic generation problem and the 2 main solutions to it, that is, paid advertising and other traffic strategies which take variable amounts of time and effort to implement.